Dean's in Pleasanton - what an omelette place!


BEHOLD!  THE SEAFOOD OMELETTE!

While in Pleasanton, I found a place called "Dean's".  It was old.  It was quite old.  It seemed old enough to remember Kennedy and maybe even Eisenhower in the Whitehouse.  Dean's sells omelettes, among other things.  But mostly omelettes.  Dean's is not the first egg-centric restaurant I've visited.  But I don't think I have ever seen as unique a menu as the one used by Dean's.  Case in point is this seafood omelette.

First, it had a tomato sauce with huge chunks of peppers, onions and tomatoes.  It had some cheese and was filled with clams, as I recall.

Second, check out the size of that thing.  It was huge.  See my hand in the upper left?  This omelette was not messing around.  This omelette was voted in high school as most likely to make me its bitch.

How was it?  Truthfully, I didn't love it.  I did, however, appreciate it.  Someone who loved that kind of sauce with eggs and seafood would have loved it.  I discovered, that I was not such a person.

Again, I have no complaint with Dean's.  Dean has a butt-load of omelettes that are more suited to my taste.  And, judging by the excellent execution on the above omelette, he would cook them properly and they would be delicious.  This one, however, was just a bit weird for me.

If you are in Pleasanton, check out Dean's.  It's full of memorable omelettes.

Comments

Popular Posts