Paradise Shave Ice -makes me love the heat.



Posted by Picasa
There's not really much to say about this.  I can comment on the timing  - I am writing this post during a cold snap after thanksgiving.  I can give you my history with shave (not shaved) ice - I was introduced to it in Hawaii.  There.  What else can I say?

It is delicious.  Shave is, at least the way I ate it in these pictures, breaks the rules.  I am eating shave ice, with syrup and sweetened condensed milk.  Think about that.  That sounds as unappetizing as it can get.  Turn to your neighbor and say, "Hi, I'd like to make you a special treat.  I will take some flavored syrup, and mix it with water and dump some milk in it.  Enjoy."  It doesn't sound good.  BUT, if the water is suddenly ICE, BONANZA!
Now that I am writing this during wintery weather, I am wondering, has anyone actually made a snowcone?  Out of actual snow?
Please comment.  I see a business opportunity. 

Comments

Cathi said…
Your pic gave me an instant flashback to the north end of Kauai and those FABULOUS shave ices we had there. Good any time of year, methinks.
Monica Davis said…
When I lived in Illinois, I once put snow in my Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine. I then added flavored syrup to complete the snow cone. Even though I was 5 at the time, I still think it's a good idea.

Popular Posts