Stacey's in Pleasanton - Good and funny



Posted by Picasa
Scott Adams, corporate prankster, cartoonist and . . . restaurateur?

One of our staff here is from Pleasanton, and so when I headed up there for a deposition, I was told where I should go for dinner.  Stacey's is where my orders sent me.

Stacey's looks like an upscale restaurant with a nice, but unremarkable atmosphere.  You sit down, read the menu, and you can tell something is different.  The menu is funny.  Usually, the initial description was straight, but it always ends with a gag.  Most restaurants that are backed by a celebrity, show it by having movie or sports memorabilia hung in the restaurant.  I like the way Stacey's did it better.  If there had been a bunch of Dilbert cartoons all over, it would have looked cheesy.  Smart aleck comments in the menu were just right.

Of course, if the food sucks, the menu is just annoying.  Fortunately, the food doesn't suck.  I ordered the short ribs and I was glad I did.  The meat was so tender, which I guess isn't an amazing feat when you consider how long they are cooked, it was a joy to eat.  The flavor, however, was especially nice.  I know the picture sucks, but I was outside, in the dark, with a cellphone camera.  Trust me, it tasted way better than it looks.

My dining companion, the deponent, ordered salmon. It also looked good and, according to him, tasted good.

Then, dessert.  It was bread pudding.  It was great.  I guess my question is, can you really screw up bread pudding?  I don't know, but without question, Stacey's did NOT screw up the bread pudding.

It was a nice place.  It had good food.  Thanks Scott.  

Comments

Popular Posts