Back to Han Shik - it gets better

Posted by Picasa
After my first visit to Han Shik, my review might have sounded like tepid praise.    Since Han Shik is close, and I enjoyed the attitude and variable menu, I went back, with some friends.  That, my dear readers, was an excellent call on my part.

Ron (a nice guy who is passionate about his food) remembered me.  We chatted and he told me that the special of the day was an "Irish taco", with corned beef.  I asked for one and, for the first time in my short blogging/reviewing career, I got a free food item.  Maybe it was an accident, I didn't actually figure it out until later, but I got a free taco.  That, in itself was awesome.

I bring this up, however, to stress that it doesn't affect my review.  I have been given free food to cover for crappy food or service and it hasn't changed the fact that I won't go there anymore.  I was already going back to Han Shik, and will again.

I just want to tell you about the Irish taco.  WOW.  Corned beef, a horseradish-y sauce, cabbage and potatoes.  It was an amazing bite, full of crisp flavors and textures.  I simply loved it.  I also ordered some regular tacos (I don't know which taco was the free one).  They were slightly spicier than I recalled (a plus) and still very tasty.

As I write this, it is snowing in Vegas.  You might not want to hit a taco truck today, Korean or otherwise.  But, as soon as the snow melts, do give Han Shik a real try.  

Comments

Popular Posts