Island Breeze - not my favorite breakfast


Ok, I didn't love island breeze.  In fact, this is going to be a very short post.  Instead of an in-depth review, I'll just give the two reasons why I am doing a post on the Island Breeze truck.

First, with the exception of Hamura's saimin on the island of Kauai, I am not a fan of Hawaiian food.  I am beginning to adopt the opinion of Greg Proops (comedian) as it relates to Hawaiian food.  You should check out his stuff sometime, but in general, he says that Hawaii is just a tropical Alabama.  This meal shows it.  There is very little cooking, only heating.  You cook rice and eggs, but it is no special feat.  You brown the sausage - I'm still not impressed.  No cool sauces, nothing.  It isn't horrible food, but it is not unique or particularly exciting to the palate.  To quote one one of the priests from Nacho Libre "Where are the flavors?" So, I make this post to call out Hawaii and say - come on.  Step it up.

Second, the rice looks like boobs.

Thank you for reading today.


Comments

Anonymous said…
That does look like some lame food. The post is hilarious though. Gotta love you and your writing skills. The rice does look like boobs and you gotta wonder why they are serving rice for breakfast and who is the perv serving it up.

Popular Posts